Haynie will release his debut album We Fall February 23 via Interscope. Stream two of the tracks below and checkout the impressive guest list and it’s easy to understand why i’m excited about this release.
We Fall tracklist:
1. “Falling Apart” feat. Andrew Wyatt and Brian Wilson
2. “Little Ballerina” feat. Rufus Wainwright
3. “Wait for Life” feat. Lana Del Rey
4. “Dirty World”
5. “A Kiss Goodbye” feat. Charlotte Gainsbourg, Sampha, and Devonté Hynes
6. “Fool Me Too” feat. Nate Ruess
7. “Nobody Believes You” feat. Andrew Wyatt and Colin Blunstone
8. “Come Find Me” feat. Lykke Li and Romy Madley Croft
9. “Who to Blame” feat. Randy Newman
10. “Ballerina’s Reprise” feat. Father John Misty and Julia Holter
11. “The Other Side”
My frequent collaborator, 35mmBeats, introduced me to this mix-tape maestro way back (at least 6 months ago), though I must admit, it wasn’t until the last month or so that I really gave this artist the listening time he deserves. But for the past week, i’ve listened (almost exclusively) to Mr. London and i’m quite impressed/obsessed.
It’s hard to describe Theophilus London’s sound. Yes. He’s a Brooklyn rapper, but his electro, dark synth, 80’s hip hop, indie influences, and songwriting skills (not to mention his keen fashion sense), set him apart from the typical hip hopper. I should also note, he’s reached critical acclaim without ever releasing a full length.
Some of my favorite Theophilus tracks are below, but be sure to pick up the Lovers Holiday EP on February 8 (preorder) and keep an eye out for his debut full length, which is set for a Spring release. Also, be sure to bookmark This Charming Blog to maintain your Theophilus fix.
[UPDATE] You can stream the entire Lovers Holiday EP courtesy of Spin Magazine.